Your homes roof is no inexpensive repair but if you’re considering replacing or repairing your roof, fall is typically the best time for roof installation or repair services.
If you’re thinking about replacing or repairing your roof in the Chattanooga area, it’s best to wait for the fall for the following reasons:
- End of the stormy season. Although Chattanooga weather can be quite erratic, fall is typically the end of bad weather. Severe weather events that damage roofs are far more likely during the spring and summer. Fall is a great time to assess any damage that may have occurred during the stormy months and determine what roofing services are necessary.
- Conditions are great. It’s pretty well established that roofing is best installed when the temperature is between 45F to 50F. This is particularly true if your roofers are installing asphalt shingles, the most commonly used type of roofing material. Temperate temperatures help facilitate better thermal sealing of asphalt shingles, ensuring that they firmly adhere to the roof. Also, cooler fall temperatures make work more comfortable for the professionals installing or repairing your roof.
- Cold winter temperatures make shingles more difficult to work with. When temperatures are cold, shingles tend to become brittle and more likely to break when roofers are nailing them to the roof. They often have to put aside their roofing guns and hand nail shingles, causing delays and higher costs.
- Proper sealing. By getting the work done in the fall, new shingles have enough time to adequately bond to the roof before wet winter weather arrives (assuming Chattanooga gets any cold weather). This helps them better insulate your home from cold temperatures and moisture.
- Storm season may start back up in winter. Winter storms can exacerbate existing damage to a roof, causing holes to get larger or leaks to worsen. If you live in an area prone to snow, the weight of snowfall on an already-compromised roof can cause expensive damage.
- Save on heating. By replacing your roof in the fall, you’ll be able to benefit from a better insulated home in the cold winter months which will help reduce heating bills, helping to offset a small part of the cost of renovations or repairs.
Armor Roofing & Xteriors provides residential and commercial roof installation and repair in Chattanooga, North Georgia, and the surrounding areas. Regardless of the type of roof, Armor Xteriors will ensure your repair or new installation will be of the highest quality and with the best in class customer service. So give us a call today or click here to schedule a FREE, No-Hassle, In Home Estimate with one of our experts today!